You are the vault administrator and you need to add a new user. You may also need to modify the access role for a specific member, or remove a user from your vault all together.
Adding a new user
See also our Youtube video on this topic:
Vault administrators can click the "Add a member" button in the Members menu of the Settings > Vault tab to add new users to their vault.
Fill in the new user's first/last names and email address (which will be their username), and select the desired access role from the drop-down menu. (Don't forget to click the blue Save button to create the new user account!). Please note: Should the user already be in the system, their First/Last name will automatically be updated to the existing information. For a completely new user, any spelling mistakes in the First/Last name can only be corrected by the user in their own settings panel (Settings > User > Preferences), not by the vault administrator.
The new user will then receive an automated email that includes a link for setting a password. Once a new person is added to the vault, the vault administrator has control over project access and role level within each project. Remember that a new user can see no data, until the vault administrator adds the new user to one or more project(s). Only vault administrators have access to all the vault users, and settings in the "Vault" section of the Settings page.
Here are the steps to add users to a project, once the vault administrator has added the new user to the vault:
- Go to the Settings > Vault tab and select the Projects menu. Click the name of the project where you wish to add the new user and click the "Add/Edit" pencil icon.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list of existing users, click the "Add a member" button, and select the user name from the drop-down list of available users.
- Depending on the users' vault-level access, you will set project-level access:
- If the user has read/add access at the vault level, s/he may have add/edit or read-only access at the project level. If the box is left unchecked, the user will be read-only.
- If the user has read/add access at the vault level, s/he may also be given permission to invite other members to the project (can manage project check-box). If the box is left unchecked, the user will not be this projects' manager.
- If the user is read-export or read-only at the vault level, s/he can not add/edit project data or manage the project. S/He will be a read-only user at the project level by default.
- Read these articles to understand vault user-roles and project user-roles better.
- Don't forget to click "Save changes" at the end.
Modifying the access role of an existing user
To modify the access role of an existing vault user, the vault administrator can click the blue pencil icon in the Actions column on the user's row in the Members menu of the Settings > Vault tab.
Select the new access role in the drop-down menu and click the green "Save Changes" button.
Removing a user from your vault
To completely remove a user from a vault (which also removes the user from all projects within the vault), the vault administrator can click the red circle icon in the Actions column on the user's row in the Members menu of the Settings > Vault tab.
Click the "OK" button in the confirmation dialog box and the user will no longer have access to the vault.
As a friendly reminder: while following this process to completely remove a user from your vault automatically removes the user's access to any and all projects in that particular vault, the data imported, registered or entered by the user will remain in tact and accessible by the remaining users.
Please do remember that the CDD support team is always available to assist you with questions regarding user administration or any other CDD Vault questions.